- Import CherryPy directly instead of including its server inline in the
paste.script package. You must install CherryPy before using
- 1.7.4 had package release problems, was reverted; 126.96.36.199 also had
- Include special here and __file__ default vars for logging
config files, similar to PasteDeploy config loading.
- Allow Jython to import various bits from paste.script.command and
paste.script.copydir without throwing an import error (subprocess
module cannot be imported on Jython). This allows PasteScript to work
minimally on Jython, although execution will fail for
command.run_command and copydir.copydir.
- CherryPy wsgiserver updated to 3.1.1, fixes a regression in Python
2.5 plus a couple other small fixes.
- Fix a packaging issue that could cause problems when installing
- filemaker.py’s FileOp can now handle a tuple as a source_dir argument that
should function the same as the _template_dir option for pkg_resources.
- CherryPy wsgiserver updated to trunk@2063 for Python 2.6
- _template_dir now takes a tuple argument, which should be the
package name, and the relative location to the package of its template
directory. pkg_resources will then be used to load make the templates
rather than raw file access making it zip-safe.
- CherryPy wsgiserver updated to the 3.1.0 release’s.
- Support Python 2.6.
- Added experimental support for a quicker paster serve –reload for
- Non-Python files in paste/script/templates/ causes an error on
2.6; renamed directory to avoid this.
- Fixes for paste.script.filemaker
- A setuptools egg_info.writers entry point is now provided that’s
responsible for writing paster_plugins.txt for projects that define
a new paster_plugins setup() keyword. paster_plugins.txt will
still be created for new projects that need it and lack a
paster_plugins setup() keyword, but this is deprecated. Projects
defining paster_plugins in setup() should also define a
setup_requires setup() keyword including PasteScript.
- An egg_plugins variable (a list of strings based off the
Templates classes’ egg_plugins variables) is now available to
paster create templates for the new paster_plugins setup()
- PasteScript is no longer included in
egg_plugins/paster_plugins.txt by default.
- Fix SkipTemplate (could raise TypeError: argument 1 must be string
or read-only buffer, not None before)
- Fix paster serve under Windows.
- Added commands paster request config.ini URL and paster post
config.ini URL < post-body, that allow you to do artificial
requests to applications.
- Check the writability of the pid and log files earlier. This caused
particular problems if you started it in daemon mode, and the files
weren’t writable. From Chris Atlee.
- Start the monitor (when using --monitor) after daemonizing, so
that paster serve --monitor --daemon works (before it would
- In Paste Script templates, you can give should_echo=False in
variable definitions, and if the user is queried for the variable
then the input will not be echoed (as for a password). From Dirceu
- Added a method
paste.script.appinstall.Installer.template_renderer, which can
be used to override template substitution with paster
make-config. The function is similar to the same function used
with paster create templates.
- Remove --daemon option from Windows, as it depends on
- When using paster create and inserting text with a -*-
marker, multi-line text will no longer be reinserted.
- Improved output when skipping templates with paster create.
- When starting a server with paster serve --daemon and the pid
file exists and describes a running process, do not start another
- Added umask option to
- Deprecate the flup entry points, as flup now has the necessary entry
points in its own package.
- CherryPy wsgiserver updated to the 3.0.2 release’s
- paster no longer hides pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound error
messages describing the target project’s requirements. Aids the
somewhat confusing “did you run setup.py develop?” message when it had
already been ran, but since then had a requirement added that wasn’t
- Logging configuration is now read from the config file during paster
- Custom Formatters and Handlers (Handlers outside of the logging module)
are now supported in logging configuration files.
- Initialize logging earlier in the serve command for components that want
to utilize it. Patch from Christopher Lenz.
- Fixed Python 2.3 incompatibility (no string.Template) in
- Make sure that when using --monitor or --reload, if the
parent monitoring process dies, also kill the subprocess.
- When using paster serve --log-file, append to the log file (was
truncating any previous contents).
- Read logging information from the server file, using the logging module’s
standard configuration format
- When adding files don’t fail because an svn command fails. Helpful
particularly on Windows, when the svn command-line isn’t installed
(e.g., using TortoiseSVN).
- Fixed problem with paster serve on Windows. Also on Windows,
fixed issue with executables with spaces in their names (this case
requires the win32all module).
- You can use +dot+ in your project template filenames,
specifically so that you can use leading dots in the filename.
Usually leading dots cause the file to be ignored. So if you want
to have new projects contain a .cvsignore file, you can put a
+dot+cvsignore file in your template.
- Relatedly, +plus+ has been added so you can include pluses.
- paster was largely broken under Windows; fixed.
- Fix related to Python 2.5 (when there are errors creating files, you
could get infinite recursion under Python 2.5).
- Use subprocess module in paster serve command. Added
--monitor option which will restart the server if it exits.
- The exe command now does % substitution in keys (e.g.,
- Some import problems with Cheetah should be improved.
- Fixed an exception being raised when shutting down flup servers using
- Fixed the CherryPy 3 WSGI server entry point’s handling of SIGHUP
- The CherryPy wsgiserver is now available at
paste.script.wsgiserver (no longer requiring CherryPy to be
- Added entry point for twisted server.
- Made paste.script.pluginlib:egg_info_dir work with packages that
put the Package.egg-info/ directory in a subdirectory (typically
- Remove Cheetah requirement. Packages using Cheetah templates should
require Cheetah themselves. If you are using paster make-config
and you don’t want to use Cheetah, you must add use_cheetah =
False to your Installer subclass (it defaults to true for
- Make scripts work when there is no setup.py (if you aren’t
making a Python/setuptools package).
- When using paste.script.copydir.copy_dir (as with most paster
create templates), you can raise SkipTemplate (or call the
skip_template() function) which will cause the template to be
skipped. You can use this to conditionally include files.
- When using paster serve c:/..., it should no longer confuse
c: with a scheme (such as config: or egg:).
- More careful about catching import errors in websetup, so if you
have a bug in your app.websetup module it won’t swallow it.
- Added a warn_returncode option to Command.run_command, and
make ensure_file use this for its svn command.
- If the svn command-line program isn’t working for you, commands that
use ensure_file will continue to work but just with a warning.
- Removed copyright notice that was accidentally included in new
packages created by paster create.
- Allow variable assignments at the end of paster serve, like
paster serve http_port=80; then you can use %(http_port)s in
your config files (requires up-to-date Paste Deploy).
- Allow a package_dir variable so that you can put your package
into subdirectories of the base directory (e.g., src/).
- Changes to the twisted.web2 wrapper (from pythy).
- Warn when you run paster setup-app and no modules are listed in
top_level.txt (which can happen with a newly checked out
- Added entry point for CherryPy 3’s WSGI server.
- Fixed paster serve to hide KeyboardInterrupt (CTRL-C) tracebacks
in --reload mode.
- Added template_renderer argument to
paste.script.copydir.copydir. This allows you to use arbitrary
template languages, instead of just string.Template and Cheetah.
- egg:PasteScript#test (the paste.script.testapp) now accepts lint
and text boolean configuration. lint will turn on
paste.lint validation. text will cause it to return a
simple text/plain response with the environ, instead of an HTML
- Improvements all around to paster points, plus documentation for
existing entry point groups.
- New projects will now ignore
Package.egg-info/dependency_links.txt, just like all the other
derivative files in the egg-info directory
- paster serve --reload was broken on Windows when the Python
executable was in a directory with spaces in it. This is probably a
bug in the subprocess module.
- Update to filemaker commands to take optional argument so that when
new directories are for a Python package, they will have a __init__.py
created as well.
- Do all variable assignment during package creation up-front, before
actually creating the files.
- Added the egg template variable: provides projects with a safe
egg name as generated by setuptools. This should be used for
egg-info directories in templates (e.g. +egg+.egg-info instead
of +project+.egg-info), and anywhere else the egg name is
expected, to prevent errors with project names containing hyphens.
- Installer calls websetup.setup_app(command, conf, vars);
setup_config() will be deprecated in the future
- Added copyright information
- paster serve config.ini#section works now
- paster make-config/setup-app will read $PASTE_SYSCONFIG to
find extra sysconfig.py files.
- paster create will now query interactively for variables if they
aren’t explicitly provided.
- If the output directory doesn’t exist when running paster
create, do not default to having interactive (confirmation) on.
- Fixed the Flup FastCGI interface. (There seem to still be problems
with forking FastCGI.)
- The prepare-app command has been renamed make-config
- Changed the way make-config and setup-app use sysconfig
– these are now modules that can define various functions
- Allow for default config file names
- Consider config generation that may produce a directory (this case
is now generally workable)
- Allow for multiple config files (specifically with –edit)
- Give config file generation the variables app_install_uuid and
app_install_secret that they can use for their config files
- Include Ka-Ping Yee’s uuid module in paste.script.util.uuid
- paster help doesn’t bail when commands can’t be loaded
- Be a little safer when --edit fails and --setup is provided
(don’t automatically set up if the edit seems to have failed)
- Two small bugfixes, one related to the basic_package template
(it included a reference to finddata, which it should not have),
and a fix to how the .egg-info directory is determined.
- Added points command, for entry-point related queries.
- paste.deploy config files that start with #!/usr/bin/env paster
can make a script into an executable.
- Improvements to paster serve command:
- Handle bad PID files better
- Daemonization is more reliable
- Allow start, stop, restart instead of just options
- Improvements to paster create command:
- Invoked interactively by default (so that you are warned before
- Added new commands:
- points for viewing Egg entry point information
- prepare-app and setup-app for installing web applications
- Fixed bug in how Egg distributions are loaded.
- Fixed small bug with running paster serve on Windows. (Small to
fix, kept script from running on Windows entirely).